Thee role will provide the opportunity to develop your skills through internal and external training and take on additional responsibilities as the company grows. The ideal candidate should be motivated, with a strong desire to develop and progress throughout the organisation while working as part of a successful team.Client Details
Accounting and Finance - Commerce and Industry - Senior Finance Assistant - Mid Kent - Permanent Description
- Assist with management account preparation and work towards monthly deadlines.
- Producing monthly KPI's.
- Sales and purchase ledger reviews to maintain accurate ledgers.
- Month end reconciliations including bank, accruals, and deferred income.
- Producing monthly sales and subcontractor reconciliations.
- Producing and reviewing the monthly hours reconciliation to ensure all services are invoiced.
- Receipting daily cash, maintaining accurate records, producing cash target KPI.
- Invoicing clients in an accurate and timely manner, thereby safeguarding and facilitating the flow of cash around the business.
- Review contract invoicing amendments.
- Credit control - producing aged debtors reports, monitoring accounts, liaising with customers to ensure monies are received within agreed terms, escalating where needed.
- Assisting the Finance Manager to identify flaws in processes and implementing new controls and processes to limit any subsequent problems and maintain the quality of information
- Liaising with the finance and other departments to ensure the integrity of data is maintained.
- Other duties & ad hoc requests that clients and colleagues may request in the best interest of the business.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, changing finance environment and driving through change.
- Good accounting systems knowledge gained through in-depth exposure to systems such as Sage.
- Experience of reconciling ledgers and completing month end duties.
- AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified.
- Advanced Excel formulas, Look ups, Pivots.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to work with and where necessary lead a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks and deal with tasks concurrently
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Study Support post successful completion of probation.