Our client is the UK's leading Art Gallery Group, selling Original Paintings and collectable additions. They have a high number of successful retail galleries across the UK and cruise ships across the world.
Based at the buzzy, dynamic Head Office in Lichfield, this is unique role requires the ability to manage international and award winning artist portfolios. A background in Art is necessary as well as a keen commercial understanding/experience and exceptional communication skills. Main duties:
Required from you:
- Manage a portfolio of c.30 international and award winning artists, coordinating their production and work to strategies.
- Responsible for the marketing of your artist portfolio and assisting in developing their personal brand internally and externally
- Evaluate the market via galleries, exhibitions and the appraisal of artist's submissions in order to seek out and identify potential new artists and projects for us.
- Coordinating the management of Artist schedules, assisting galleries to plan and participate in their activities/events during the year actively selling their work. This will involve spending time on the road visiting galleries, studios etc.
- Champion the company brand and support growth through realistic sales and volume forecasting.
- Art Degree or relevant industry experience - essential
- Top class communication skills
- Full driving licence - essential.
- Strong numeric and linguistic ability.
- Commercially astute with relevant experience.
- IT literacy & strong MS Office
- An eye for artistic talent, recognising what sells to our loyal client base and wider market opportunities
- Ability to juggle a challenging workload
Amazing opportunity where you will be exposed internally to all aspects of a highly successful Art business with external exposure to award winning artists.
There is a discretionary bonus on top of the salary, based upon KPI's & targets.APPLY NOW - urgent!
PS Recruits are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the volume of response, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By applying to this role your personal details will be submitted to PS Recruits. You can request our privacy statement at any time.
Key words - art / fine art / contemporary art / commercial art / art gallery / fine art gallery / artist portfolio / artist liaison / artist manager / award winning artists / marketing / production / branding / art branding / PR / public relations / events / artist events / Lichfield / forecasting / sales / commercial acumen / commerciality / commercial awareness / art scene / exhibitions / History of Art / graduate / Masters / Art degree