We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager, based in our South Yorkshire
region, focusing on Accommodation. This role will report to the Senior Service Manager and work
to manage and maintain high levels of service delivery within our safe houses and to ensure
safety throughout the accommodation and offices. You will directly oversee 2 Accommodation
Coordinators and work with them to ensure that; contractual KPI's are met, clients are supported
effectively, staff are developed, and internal process and procedures are followed, to a high
standard. You will also liaise with the Facilities Manager and the Maintenance Worker to ensure
that buildings are compliant with health and safety regulations, as well as internal and external
contractual requirements and that all properties are well maintained.
Job Title: Service Manager (Accommodation)
Reports to: Senior Service Manager (Accommodation & Facilities)
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Duration: Fixed until 25th June 2025
Salary: £26,000 per annum + £1,500 on call supplement
Location: South Yorkshire
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
Interview Date: 12th July 2021
Probationary Period: 3 months
Direct Reports: Accommodation Coordinators (x2)
• Oversight, line management, and support of Coordinators, incl. effective supervisions and yearly
• Ensure all KPIs and service standards are met by staff incl. referrals, exits, paperwork
• Use baseline, checklists, quality control and other systems to monitor and support effective
• Ensure staff effectively carry out their roles, as per their job description.
• Manage client or external complaints with the support of the Senior Service Manager when
• Work with the other Service Managers, and all stakeholders to use, support and develop
appropriate systems and processes, to ensure that services function effectively.
• Ensure all clients are being supported effectively, and assist Coordinators with problem-solving
and managing incidents/safeguarding issues, where necessary
• Work in partnership with local Safeguarding lead.
• Ensure all staff are supported and managed effectively, incl. ensuring annual-leave/sickness/
TOIL procedure is followed by Coordinators.
• Ensure appropriate lone-working safety procedures are implemented and developed where
• Ensure all month-end procedure is followed by staff, and information submitted effectively.
• Oversight and regular monitoring of CMS (client-management-system).
• Maintain and develop local services and agency links, attending suitable networking meetings as
• Attend relevant team meetings - incl. management meetings, and local team meetings.
• Communicate with the Salvation Army VCC team where necessary.
• Work alongside HR staff to support Coordinators in managing or problem-solving any HR-related
• Assist in developing and delivering training for staff in SY.
• Communicating with the finance team appropriately with regards to month-end, financial
requirements for the local services, and problem-solving.
• Sign off expenses and spend in-line with expenses policy.
• Oversight of staff and on-call rotas.
• Following all City Hearts policies and procedures, and bringing insight into policy and procedural
• Take a role in supporting volunteers in the region, when required.
• To be 'on-call', out of hours approximately one week in three/four - managing and accepting
referrals, and dealing with out-of-hours incidents.
• Oversee other services or a team in the absence of Coordinator (ie. Holiday or sickness).
• To maintain and build the City Hearts culture and values across the staff team in the region.
• To promote the work of City Hearts this may include; attending fundraising events, conferences,
• To liaise with and where required work collaboratively with Facilities Manager to ensure the
safety and standards of all properties
• To oversee reporting processes for CHMS accommodation services
• Acting as a point of contact for counsellors and overseeing appointments and referrals and to
meet regularly with lead therapist
• To receive feedback from Coordinators on caseworker and support worker development
• To be responsible for the adequate processing and storing of documentation in staff and client
• To ensure that SY Anti-Trafficking services are operating within the boundaries of the Care
Standards and Operational Guidance
• To help develop and deliver coaching and training to wider City Hearts team