Our client is a highly respected, award-winning and values driven employer with c. 250 staff and requires a HR/Office Manager. Providing sound ER advice and guidance on generalist issues from disciplinaries to absence management to recruitment, you will oversee the smooth running of payroll whilst offering internal training and managing a small team of five.
Responsible for all generalist HR duties (ideally qualified CIPD) and oversee payroll by ensuring the smooth running of the monthly & 4-weekly payroll, processing of reports and support of senior management whilst maintaining continuity within the office team.Main Responsibilities
- Provide sound HR advice and guidance on all generalist routine HR matters, being the first point of contact for HR enquiries
- Support senior management in personnel management matters including welfare meetings, medical capability meetings, grievance hearings, disciplinary hearings and appeal hearings (including note taking where required)
- Support senior management in controlling absence management
- Facilitate company recruitment, including maintaining job adverts on the company website and external job boards
- Support and facilitate training and development programmes
- Continuous maintenance of the employee handbook
- Support the Finance Director Designate in the development of all business systems, including payroll / production / retail systems
- Provide a mentoring and training support role to office employees
- Manage the Administration team, the Assistant Accountant and the Payroll Supervisor undertaking all activities associated with managing an effective team
- Control salaried staff holiday forms and records of leave
- Ensure all new starters receive starter packs, issue contracts of employments to all new starters, and follow up of reference requests
- Liaise with senior managers to ensure correct hours of work are recorded for salaried staff and follow up on absence related forms including back to work interviews and sick papers
- Liaise with private medical providers for all relevant and qualified employees ensuring registration
- Process, monitor and maintain all salaried staffing changes including new starters, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data and compliance with policy and payroll requirements
- Prepare information to assist in the provision of information to external agencies in relation to housing references, child maintenance agencies, etc as required
- Process all payments of salaried employees and payments to auto enrollment pension providers
- Process all salaried leavers and to provide P45 to said leavers
- Provide senior management with payroll-based reports including costs and absence statistics
- Provide reports on 100% attendance to senior management, and to publicise attendance to production and retail
- Prepare and distribute P11Ds, P60s etc
- Advise on payroll issues and be responsible for supporting managers in resolving payroll queries
- Support the payroll supervisor in all their duties and to provide cover in their absence
- Maintain records of long service and liaise with directors to reward and recognise long service of employees.
- To make yourself readily available for training, and to devote all of your efforts during training to fully maximise the training benefits
- To request where deemed necessary additional training that will support you in the performance of your role.
- To work with other members of the team to manage workloads, and to when necessary seek and give support to other team members.
- To ensure effective communication between all internal and external parties in the business in a timely and accurate manner.
- To ensure effective use of materials and efficient use of software to minimise consumption of office stationery
To undertake any other duties which may be required and which are commensurate with the position of Office Manager within the company.