*Homeworking or Office-based*
The Optionis Group is currently looking for an Accountant with experience of providing a great service to clients within an accountancy practice to join our Nixon Williams business based in Blackpool.
Nixon Williams was established over 25 years ago and are one of Trustpilot's highest rated accountancy practices within the UK. Nixon Williams are a key part of the Optionis Group which is the UK's leading professional services group.What we offer:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Study support towards AAT or ACCA.
- Clear career development with the opportunity to drive your own progression.
- An opportunity to split your time between working from home and being in the office.
- Mentoring from a Team Manager.
- Modern office with a social space which includes a break-out area and pool table.
- Free on-site parking.
- Casual dress code.
- Day off for your Birthday.
What we are looking for:
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of our service for a portfolio of clients.
- Creating and maintaining client files on databases such as Company Manager, Sage, & various Digita Platforms.
- Producing a monthly profit and loss breakdown from documents provided to you by the client (Premier service only).
- Completing periodic reviews of client's online files to ensure that information is being recorded and allocated correctly (Vantage service only).
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met.
- Drafting personal/company tax returns for client approval, providing advice and guidance to clients where necessary to approval stage.
- Preparation/reconciliation/explanation of annual accounts, closure accounts and Corporation Tax computations to approval stage.
- Ensuring your clients meet all their filing deadlines, providing reminders to clients where necessary.
- Communicating with HMRC and banking providers
- Part-qualified AAT or ACCA Accountant who is looking to become qualified.
- Demonstrable experience in an accountancy practice with experience of owning a portfolio highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good time management and organisation skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel