Compliance Officer - Leading Law Firm Sheffield £25,000 plus benefits
My client is a leading highly successful multi-disciplined law firm with strong plans for growth. An experienced compliance officer is required to join this leading law firm working with the Head of Compliance , COLP and COFA, you will ensure that all activities carried out by the business meet the regulatory requirements of the SRA and applicable industry legislation. You will ensure clients are treated fairly, in line with policies and procedures, whilst maintaining a commercial focus.
Key responsibilities include:
- To encourage compliance, highlight and escalate potential risks/ and or breaches
- Working with the Head of Compliance to create and maintain the governance framework, monitoring compliance with requirements and business processes
- You will be the first point of contact for data protection compliance, ensuring policies and guidance are current , that they meet statutory requirements ; and that these are effectively communicated and followed by the firm.
- Recording, investigating and processing requests and complaints from data subjects including Subject to Access Requests and Right to Erasure/ Rectification
- Work with the Head of Compliance to ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- Liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders on issues pertaining compliance
- Deal with annual SRA practicing certificate renewals and authorisations as required
- This is an ideal role for a confident and enthusiastic professional with a background in compliance who wants to make a difference
- You will have a detailed understanding of legal regulatory framework including the SRA code of conduct, Data Protection and Money Laundering legislation, Complains Handling and other relevant rules and legislation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An incredible eye for detail and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to balance commercial and compliance considerations
- Proficiency in case management systems such as Proclaim , MS word and Excel
- Expert communicator and collaborator with exceptional client care skills
- Thrives in fast paced environments and demonstrates the ability to multi task