Service Charge AccountantLocation:
35 hours per week
As a Service Charge Accountant you will contribute to our vision of being the favourite
residential property manager by:
- Delivering accurate financial statements and records to our customers
This role reports to the Service Charge Accounting Team Leader About You
You are a currently studying towards a professional accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA) and have a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accounting environment and are looking for the next step in your career.
Your ideal role is one where you can utilise your accounting knowledge and your high attention to detail. You will use your strong communication skills to see and challenge information, ensuring a smooth accounting process for your team.
You are customer focused and thrive in working collaboratively and in a fast paced environment.About Us
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholder sand over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.Main Responsibilities
- Deliver year end accounts to residents in a timely fashion
- Carry out the necessary transactions to ensure a smooth accounting process for accounts
- Resolve issues on accounts and ensure a quality service is provided to customers/ clients
- Deliver to department productivity metrics and contribute to the team and organisational goals
- Liaise effectively with auditors to deliver a smooth audit process and provide the best possible outcome for our customers and our clients
- Adopt a proactive approach at all times to audit and accounts, liaising with analysts/ managers on areas of concern
- Take full responsibility of your own development and contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes or feedback from colleagues/ external parties.
- Please note: Internally this role will be titled Scheme Accountant
- We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.Inventive
- We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.Respectful
- We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.Skilled
- We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.Trustworthy
- We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.The Benefits
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.Diversity
We're committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.Ready to Apply?