Supporter Publications Manager - YouthReference:
Sandy, Bedfordshire (UKHQ)
£27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
12 months (maternity cover)*
The Supporter Communications team in this charity's Engagement Department helps to ensure the best possible experience for the charity's supporters and helps to save nature through people. They produce magazines and digital content for their supporters of all ages, from Wild Times reaching their youngest members under 7, to Nature's Home for adults and Fellows News for lifelong members.
They are currently looking for a Youth Publications Manager for a 12-month maternity cover to edit the three magazines for their younger audiences and help build a strategy for nurturing the conservation champions of the future.What's the role about
You'll be responsible for the creative direction, planning and production of this charity's three fantastic youth magazines: Wingbeat, Wild Explorer and Wild Times. You'll report to the Head of Supporter Communications and work closely with the rest of the Supporter Communications Team on the other products in their portfolio, including the Nature's Home blog, to develop seamless journeys and the best possible supporter experience for youth, family and adult members.
You'll work with their agency partner, Immediate Media, on the production of the magazines, ensuring that younger members receive engaging, inspiring and educational content. Your aim is to inspire the next generation of passionate nature champions and grow support for this charity, encouraging life-long members who can be allies as the organisation works to save nature through people.
Working with teams across the organisation, you'll understand the priority objectives and ensure that youth communications are fit for purpose, keeping up to date with external trends and best practice as well as researching what their audiences want.
Are you a highly-motivated individual experienced in delivering communications for varied audiences? Do you have energy and enthusiasm for creating industry leading magazines with lots of ideas for content that excites young people? And are you a team player who is determined to work collaboratively to develop strategies to build life-long members and conservation champions for this charity?What they need from youKnowledge:
- Magazines and publishing.
- Youth publications including marketing guidelines and laws.
- Editing, writing, copyright and design best practice.
- Youth audience expertise.
- Nature conservation and species ID.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and build strong working relationships, with persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading and fact/species checking skills.
- Excellent grasp of English language, and creative and technical writing.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines to ensure essential supporter communications are delivered on time against the print schedule.
- Able to deliver engaging, educational content on a broad range of conservation issues and nature themes to a specialist audience.
- Ability to maintain brand across the whole range of youth publications to meet a range of audience needs.
- Ability to work with a variety of service providers (artists and authors), including maximising the potential of teenagers providing content for teenaged membership publication.
*This is a fixed-term maternity cover position to begin September 2021 with the possibility of continued remote working.Closing date:
- Relevant experience in magazines, newsletters, newspapers or digital publications.
- Worked with a range of external agents and agencies.
- Experience of delivering content to a youth audience.
- Experience of working within a dynamic, high-profile environment.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Experience of working alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent time management, planning, effectiveness and productivity to keep to schedules and deliver to tight timescales.
- Experience of managing multiple publications at different stages of production at the same time.
23:59, 05 July 2021Interested?Please click 'Apply' - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to the employer's website to complete your online application for this position.
No agencies please.