Everyone has the right to live life to the full. After a diagnosis of a chest or heart condition or a stroke, many people experience fear and isolation and struggle with the impact on their lives. Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland won't stand for that. The care and support we deliver every day ensure everyone can live the life they want to.
CHSS is one of the largest volunteer-involving organisations with over 8,000 volunteers supporting us to delivery our No Life Half Lived Strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to provide strategic leadership, vision and direction for our Volunteering Strategy, ensuring that we continue to develop and sustains high quality volunteering activity . You will develop and support a national support structure through effective planning, growth and sustainability by ensuring that volunteers are recruited, motivated and have a highly rewarding volunteering experience.
You should have:
- Knowledge of the current volunteering landscape in Scotland and how this relates to an organisation of the scope and scale of CHSS.
- Experience in the field of volunteering leadership, with responsibility for large numbers of volunteers in different locations across a wide geographical spread.
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff in a senior role.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others.
Please see the role profile for other key skills, experience and attributes required for the role.
The role holder will work in a blended manner, working from our Edinburgh office and their home.