What you'll be doing?
Our Finance teams, don't just process numbers, it's about collecting vital information which informs decisions and drives our business. As such, it's at the heart of our commerciality.
We hold Finance in high regard as a pivotal driver in our continued success and performance, so if you enjoy working in a front-line, operational function where your work is highly valued and impacts visibly on our people and business, this could be your kind of place.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will ensure Financial reporting is maintained to a consistently high standard across the region, managing core delivery of the function, ensuring that the Finance activities are co-ordinated to reflect best practice and have focused objectives.
You will be expected to:
What you'll need?
- Act as a commercial business partner to the Regional Managing Director, supporting them in all aspects of the management and leadership of the Region, also acting as a deputy as required
- To operate through the Divisional Finance Directors who will recognise a reporting line to the role and will work operationally with the role on a day to day basis
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of the Divisional Finance Directors, supporting their professional development and participate in their recruitment, assessment, reward, retention and development
- To act as a 'sounding board' and provide advice to the Divisional Finance Directors
- Responsible with the Regional team for developing the business strategy to include; business planning, identification of strategic opportunities to grow the business, reviewing and if appropriate executing inorganic growth opportunities, process and profit improvement
- To implement an effective planning and budgeting process - providing an effective challenge to the region's strategy and plans
- Monitor business performance, reporting against clear KPI's and implement with the Regional Managing Director, strategies to bring the region towards the budget/plan
- Identify and implement effective plans and activities to enhance profitable growth
- Implement a clear control framework and ongoing detailed review of divisional control compliance
- Achieve optimum results, based on the ability to identify potential, analyse risk and seize the correct opportunities to add value to the business
- To drill down into the business, identifying problems or weaknesses, to 'trouble shoot' and support Divisions in making improvements
- Work closely with the Group treasurer and Group Internal Audit
- To promote and act in accordance with all Group values, systems, policies and procedures and to ensure strict compliance throughout the Region
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
Our Company and Benefits
- A senior, experienced commercial Finance Director likely to have operated at a senior level within the construction, housebuilding industry or with significant commercial experience in related industries
- A professionally qualified accountant with considerable post qualification experience in a senior commercial accounting role
- Someone likely to have held P&L accountability in a large organisation
- Commercial experience and focus
- Skills necessary to act as a Business partner
- People leadership and team development skills
- Drive to achieve business development and profit improvement and implement controls to achieve this.
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Health Assessment
- Group Income Protection
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies