Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Tax, FP&A, Treasury, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. Within the Controllers' Group, the Financial Reporting Group plays a key role in reporting the financial results for all legal entities within the EMEA region. These results are presented monthly in accordance with US GAAP and quarterly under IFRS. In addition, management accounts, board reports, statutory accounts and regulatory returns are prepared and presented quarterly. Job Purpose/Background:
The controller will be responsible for the delivery of financial and regulatory reporting for a portfolio of legal entities in a number of different countries and also project work. In order to deliver this, the controller will develop and enhance strong relationships with other parts of Finance, cross functional teams and local country management.
This role will report into a VP within the Financial Reporting Group. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial control is maintained over regulated and non-regulated legal entities
- Deliver statutory and regulatory reporting for relevant legal entities
- Deliver regular management reporting, presenting to entity boards as required
- Lead Finance input on ad hoc projects as required
- Work with the Prudential Policy team to ensure that forthcoming regulatory changes are identified, understood and prepared for
- Opportunity to join an established finance function of an S&P 500 company
- Exposure to statutory and regulatory reporting
- Develop stakeholder management skills
- Involvement in ad-hoc project work
- Ability to work accurately to tight reporting deadlines
- Strong background in financial reporting, including awareness of global accounting standards, including US GAAP and IFRS
- Regulatory reporting experience is desirable
- Stakeholder management
- CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a strong academic record
- 2+ years post qualified experience; preferably in Financial Services
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of the business
- Organised and methodical, possessing attention to detail, ability to work under pressure within very tight deadlines is a must
- Overcomes obstacles, maintains effective behavior in difficult situations in order to achieve goals
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.