Cobalt are working with a global private investment office, currently seeking a Fund Accountant to join a growing part of the business. After huge success in the US, they are looking to launch a new department in the London office looking after all fund reporting across their private equity, hedge fund and real estate investment strategies.
With around $40bn worth of assets, this role will play a key part in business growth, as well as report to the Senior Associate on key business decisions whilst also providing the opportunity to complete your accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent).
Key duties include:
- Act as a project manager for strategic and tactical operations projects
- Assist with private equity and hedge fund trade execution, wire processing, cash reconciliation and liquidity management
- Review and reconcile net asset value (NAV) reporting prepared by the third party fund administrators
- Work with third party service providers (auditors, administrators, custodians) in the UK
- Understand and implement operational requirements for managing Luxembourg based private funds
- Support the client and research teams through review and analysis of performance reporting received from third-party administrators
- Manage fund related communications and interactions with the global firm
Key experience required
- Experience working in a Fund Accounting role within real estate/ private equity/ hedge funds
- 2.1 or 1.1 from University within Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Maths A Level is preferred but not essential
- Part qualified of studying towards ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Be a team player who is very comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Be highly discreet as they will be dealing with a lot of confidential and sensitive information
If you are working towards your accounting qualifications and would like to work for a market leading private investment office, please apply with an up to date CV.