The role requires a skill set that encompasses the full spectrum of project and programme management activities through project life cycle.
- Work with project sponsors, delivery teams and other senior stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the programme / project
- Build trusted relationships with various business areas and delivery partners, both internal and external
- Manage virtual teams and other project managers across multiple time zones as required
- Proactively identify and manage risks and provide advice, guidance and insight on resolving issues
- Provide support on other matters, e.g. cost / benefit analyses
- Provide "hands on support" where appropriate to drive programme deliverables. Act as both programme manager but also subject matter expert on defining and building out future operating models
- Create and provide regular reporting on progress against plans to management, project sponsors and steering committees
- Coordinate with global change teams as necessary on global initiatives.
Requirements for the role:
- Similar programme/project management role at another asset manager
- End to end programme management experience, from initiation and business case creation to benefit realisation
- Superior communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working across projects for a range of client channels in Europe
- Broader industry awareness including the evolving regulatory landscape and product trends
- Experience of technology change initiatives and agile project management practises