Financial Controls Manager - Retail - Hertfordshire - £75k + incredible benefits package
A well-known and market leading FTSE listed, Consumer Retail business are currently looking for a Financial Controls Manager to join their team.
The opportunity to join a large and diverse Finance team that thrive through new business growth, partnering with technology as a key in being able to produce strategic profitability and financial gain. The operational leadership drive business strategy and growth, compromising of finance, accounting, corporate strategy & development that support and enhance business operating efficiencies.
Being able to thrive in a dynamic Finance team that support a collaborative, fast paced work environment with a vibrant culture.
- Leading a team, to help grow, develop and provide performance reviews as well as guidance. Responsible for leading a team in the testing of controls whilst ensuring remediation of control deficiencies
- Working closely to support the Financial Controls Senior Manager and assisting in the implementation of the Group's Financial Control Framework, ensuring best practice and latest developments are included
- Driving and assisting in the implementation of the Financial Control roadmap and agenda of the Group. Implementing a secure defence within the Finance function
- Drafting and presenting papers to stakeholders and Financial Control matters when required
- Owning the monthly control pack and reporting against KPI's, responsible for delivering towards company projects, creating improvements to accounting and reporting actions that support growth of business
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified (4+ year post qual)
- Excellent academic background
- Proven experience implementing financial control framework
- Experience SOX, COSO, ERP Systems or strong knowledge of IFRS
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and internal control processes
- Ability to assess and optimise financial systems & prove change
- Effective communicator and confident at building relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail to create a focused target and goal