Art and Design Teacher needed in Herts Sept 2021.
Academics are seeking to employ a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic Art / DT Teacher who is forward thinking, innovative and with ambition and moral purpose to support the development of the Academy's students.
The role is for DT and Art and will be full time from September 2021, the Academy is based in Hemel Hempstead.
At GCSE, they follow the AQA Design and Technology (Resistant Materials) specification. This course combines theory with practice, and students develop both the technical and theoretical knowledge behind design and manufacture, as well as experience in designing and manufacturing their own projects
At GCSE, the students follow the Edexcel Art and Design course. Studying art at GCSE level is highly rewarding, as students develop technical skills, work with a variety of different artistic media, engage both in the critique-process and creation-process of artistic works, and develop confidence and risk-taking strategies.
This School is looking for:
- Someone with exciting ideas to build on existing good practice.
- A practitioner committed to high achievement for all students.
- A commitment to motivating and engaging all students. We can offer you:
- A strong team of specialist staff.
- A school where pupils are keen to learn and behaviours is outstanding.
- An enthusiastic and well-led department who enjoy working collaboratively.
Academics are an Education and Training Recruitment Specialist. We are recruiting for similar vacancies across Hertfordshire.
Academics are an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview