We are looking for a committed and experienced individual to join our team as Premises Manager.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To manage the Premises Team responsible for the upkeep, care, maintenance, health and safety and facilities management of the Academy, with the direction and leadership of the Estates Manager.
- To take responsibility for all HR aspects of three Premises Officers, in liaison with HR and Health and Safety Lead; including their recruitment, performance management, training - including acquisition of skill levels regarding minor maintenance work
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Beckenham, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of and training in Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Training in or sound experience of one or more of the following; plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems
- Knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating systems and common causes of malfunctions, and of the maintenance of security systems
- Knowledge of procurement procedures for service level agreements, and managing these SLAs ensuring good value for money
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
- Understanding of appropriate cleaning methods and standards
- Knowledge, experience and confident use of ICT packages
- At least four years' experience of working in an inner-city school or educational establishment with children and young people
- Considerable general maintenance experience
- Considerable experience in dealing with external contractors
- Successful experience of managing a team of premises staff
- Experience in managing premises budgets and obtaining best value for money
- Experience of managing large building projects and a variety of events
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.Why work at our Academy:Next Steps
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site. Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.