Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Scotland, is currently looking to recruit a Transformation Design Leader for an initial 12 month contract on a rate of £500-£600/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the duration of the contract.
- Provide expertise and experience to test, further develop and refine the design of the Organisation's transformation in its functions and associated governance, including:
- drawing on views from internal and external stakeholders and experts
- drawing on experience and insights from international exemplars
- building internal and external stakeholder support for the Plan
- preparing briefings and presentations for Ministers, the Executive Team and staff and stakeholders as required.
- To support delivery of the transformation design by contributing to the strategies for developing multi-year spending plans, metrics, capacity, capability, systems and processes to achieve cultural, operational and technical change across the organisation
- An in-depth understanding of the organisation and Exchequer's functions
- A proven track record in advising on strategic government policy and associated organisational architecture that encompasses the establishment or significant reorganisation of functions and governance arrangements.
- The need for significant experience of advising and working with senior civil servants at all levels (including Permanent Secretaries and Directors-General/Directors) in Scotland or other jurisdictions, experience in advising Prime Ministers, First Ministers and/or Cabinet, a clear understanding of political and civil service roles and decision making.
- Experience of advising Cabinet Secretaries of Finance in Scotland and other jurisdictions, previous senior civil service level experience within the organisation.
- Knowledge of fiscal (tax and spend) policy, the government institutional landscape in Scotland and experience in negotiations between jurisdictions eg New Zealand, being one of the few countries that match this criteria with comparable size to Scotland.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.