Exams and Assessment Assistant job opportunity for a permanent position in Worksop. Your new company
This is a Secondary School based in Worksop that supports students from KS2 to KS4. It is part of a wider trust and has an Ofsted rating of "Outstanding".Your new role
This role as an Exams and Assessment Assistant is to provide support to the Exams and Assessment Officer to maintain pupil tracking of assessment data, whilst assisting SLT and Curriculum Leaders in raising standards within teaching and learning. Here are some of the responsibilities of the role, though not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assisting in the production of accurate data as part of raising student progress and achievement.
- Support the Exams and Assessment Officer in the use of 'Praising Stars' (OGAT assessment tracking system).
- Data input to support the coordination and completion of the census returns and the completion of the performance tables checking exercises.
- Assisting in the statistical analysis and review of all assessment data and trends for departmental managers and SLT.
- Update and maintain accurate student paper and electronic records, including starters and leavers.
- Assisting the Exams and Assessment Officer in updating student timetables into the MIS system as required during the academic year.
- Produce relevant reports/data from Praising Stars relating to targets, attainment, progress, attendance, and academic monitoring for the academy.
- Assisting the Exams and Assessment Officer in the management of the examinations MIS.
- Assisting in the distribution of pupil examination timetables, and validated forms.
- Assisting in the organisation and management of the invigilation timetabling and training of external invigilators.
- Ensure the timely receipt and delivery of mark sheets for examiners.
- Assisting the Exams and Assessment Officer with the receipt and communication of examination results.
- Assisting in the collation and distribution of result slips to students.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with statistical analysis, management information and data collection. They will have experience of organising and running educational examinations and have the willingness to obtain qualifications and undertake training and development whilst in this post. They will have good personal and communication skills and liaise with a variety of stakeholders within the school. They will need an understanding of child safeguarding and a valid enhanced DBS certificate, or the willingness to apply for one.What you'll get in return
In return you will get a permanent position at a well regarded school, a competitive salary and the support of a valuable staff force.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.