Management AccountantSouthwarkREF: 34938Salary: £50,000About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Management Accountant. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the financial operation for 3 fire training contracts within the Emergency Services area.Your key responsibilities will include:
What do I need to do the role?
- Production of high quality, timely and accurate financial and management information to improve decision making and generate insight towards business performance.
- Provide effective Financial Planning & Analysis through preparation of budgets, forecasts and analysis in support of monthly timetables and strategic planning processes.
- Partnering with Operational Managers to enable them to understand and manage their budgets and headcounts
- Provide support to Finance Manager on ad hoc projects and bids as required
- Familiarisation with key elements of commercial contracts to be able to challenge and support others where required.
You'll need to be CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified/Finalist
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
What else do I need to know?
- Experience in producing management accounts for large business
About Babcock International
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- There will be occasional travel to Ruislip and other London offices. You will be working from home 2 days a week at least at the moment.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.