We are currently looking for Healthcare Assistants to join our team in Northampton
St Andrew's ASD and Learning Disability Division seeks to improve the quality of life and reduce risk, in the least restrictive way possible, for individuals with a learning disability and/or ASD often with complex presentations. We provide assessment, resulting in a comprehensive formulation that informs the development and implementation of personalised, evidence based therapeutic interventions. Care is delivered across several facilities in Northampton, ranging from Medium Secure, Low Secure and non secure rehabilitation services.
What we provide
The learning Disability part of the Division works with adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or other neuro-developmental disorders who have offended or engage in challenging behaviours. Both Pathways provides a range of adapted treatment and offence related programme(s).
Staffing in both the LD and ASD pathways consists of a full Multi disciplinary team which includes specialists in Learning Disability and Autism. All staff undertake specialist foundation training in Learning Disability Awareness as well as Autism Awareness with some staff extended their qualifications in to specific areas of specialism.
This is your opportunity to be part of specialist services for people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or Learning Disability. You will be part of the multi-disciplinary team of Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Psychologists, Social Workers and Responsible Clinicians that work on the ward who are able to provide expertise in all aspects of the service users' requirements. You will also be trained within all aspects of the role and have a mentor to support you.
A Healthcare Assistant, who is:
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
You'll also need:
- Communication and listening skills
- Organisational skills
- Observational skills
Our patients and your colleagues will expect you to live the St Andrew's CARE values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence every single day.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
- There is the opportunity for you to apply to our Aspire Programme, a nursing bursary programme, which could support you while training to be a qualified nurse. Each year we provide the financial and development support for 20 of our employees to gain a Nursing Degree.
Closing date: Sunday 4th July 2021
You will be required to attend a pre screen initial face to face assessment prior to moving forward to an interview stage