Industry Solutions adopts a business led approach to achieving technology enabled transformation.
Our Banking clients engage our Digital Banking team to solve their most complex technology transformations, helping them to shape and deliver a strategy in response to new digital competition, the increased focus on the customer journey, and the rise of the number of FinTechs revolutionising the competitive landscape. We are looking for experienced practitioners from a Financial Services background with a passion for Payments and solving complex problems to help us Imagine, Deliver and Run the future of banking for our clients.
As part of the Payments team within Digital Banking Solutions, you will work alongside a team of Banking and Payments specialists from across retail, commercial and transactional banking, and will be able to quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge and Payments skills. We will be looking to you to help lead project teams and develop the talent and insight in our community. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Your work, your choice
- Provide leadership and guidance to Payments strategy, design and implementation programmes for our clients.
- Responsible as the Payments leader within a workstream or team to enable the team to deliver products and services, and continually help the team to improve technically.
- Support clients throughout the whole project lifecycle activities including requirements gathering, solution design and build, end-to-end testing, process definition and change and go-live
- Work within diverse teams to deliver measurable business outcomes to quality and timescales
- Build effective relationships with peer-level stakeholders across all business and technical workstreams including Operations, Risk and IT
- Taking the lead with business development work within the Deloitte UK Payments Practice, including taking our key propositions to market through pre-sales, bid preparation and client presentations.
- Participate fully within Deloitte to assist the growth of the digital banking practice and the Industry Solutions division including supporting the firm's commitment to creating a more diverse and inclusive culture
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role is to be worked on a full time basis Your professional experience
You will have:
- Payments experience gained within a leading bank or consulting firm, either within a product, operational or a delivery function.
- Experience and knowledge of banking and Payments processes and change in areas such as:
- Commercial and wholesale banking and/or retail banking
- Payments and digital platform transformation
- Experience in leading small teams or workstreams within a wider complex Payments or digital banking transformation programme
- Knowledge of at least one of the below:
- The New Payments Architecture Programme (NPA)
- Bacs, Faster Payments, C&CC
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and CHAPS
- Payments messaging standards including ISO20022
- Digital and Mobile Payments
- Cross Border Payments
- Including SWIFT gpi, TARGET2 and STEP2
- Payments innovation:
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Multi-currency wallets
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)
- Experience working with Payments bodies, schemes and central banks such as SWIFT, Pay.UK and Bank of England.
- Experience in delivering technology transformation through various ways of working, including waterfall and various agile methodologies.
- Good understanding of key banking and Payments business processes across the value chain or at least in one domain.
- Appreciation of emerging technology and trends in Payments.
You may have:
Your service line: Consulting
- Industry certifications such as Prince 2, ScrumMaster, CertPAY among others
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH