Fixed Term, Term Time only until July 2022
30 hours per week (variable 18-30 hours)
Salary: £13,266 - £13,765 including SEN Allowance
Reed Education are looking for experienced and highly motivated SEN General Teaching Assistant
to work in a Special Educational Needs Schools
based in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.
This Special Needs School supports learners with Speech & Language Communication, Autism, Social & Emotional Mentality Health and physical difficulties.The Role:
- You will be working with pupils aged 4-16 in particularly KS3/4 across the whole curriculum.
- You must be confident and knowledge in behaviour management strategies.
- You will be using Makaton within this role and must have an understanding of Objects of Reference, symbols, PEC'S to give visual aid to the learners and help their communication needs.
- You must be proactive in interacting with the children, playing and talking to them on a daily basis.
- You must be able to use Makaton.
- Experience working with students with sensory needs and behavioural needs
- Positive Behaviour Management Level One - Level Two
- Team Teach Training, previous experience in SEND environments, Qualified Teaching Assistant Status (Level 3 Teaching Assistant, SEN TA, SEN Teaching Assistant)
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this great opportunity, then please apply today!Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children's barred list check and satisfactory referencing.