We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Grants Officer based in Gilwell Park, London. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 Inclusive of Outer London Weighting.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Senior Grants Officer Role:
Please note: This role can work within our Hybrid-working module. Working 2 days in the office and 3 days at home. This model is in it's trial phase for the next 6 months.
The purpose of the Senior Grants Officer role is to lead the Scout Grants function acting as Scouting's specialist in volunteer grant giving. The role is responsible for the effective management of grant funds open to local Scouting to apply to and are managed by the Scout Grants Committee which the role will be a member of. This will include co- designing and responsibility for grant giving policies and strategies.
What will you be doing in the Senior Grants Officer role?
- Maintain and develop the grant giving function and processes and contribute to TSA's strategy relating to volunteer grant giving
- Ensure that the review of applications and payment of funds is undertaken efficiently whilst remaining member focused and providing great customer service to members
- Liaise with funders on the criteria of their funds, ensuring they best meet Scouting's needs
- Manage a continual review process of our grant funds to ensure that grants are well managed and made use of by local Scouting
- Ensure Scout volunteers are aware of the grant funds available, working proactively to promote the funds and support volunteers in their applications to grant funds
- Recruit, manage and motivate allocated staff resource
- Provide proactive support, specialist advice and administration for the volunteer Scout Grants Committee, including regular liaison with the Chair and acting as a member of the Group
- Manage and forecast the income and expenditure of the allocated grant funds
What we are looking for in our Senior Grants Officer:
- Experience of managing an independent and high profile grant giving function
- Experience of working in partnership with grant funders
- Experience of supporting the Chair and members of a committee as they exercise their responsibilities
- Experience of using a variety of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of budget management
- Knowledge of grant giving across the Charity Sector
- Knowledge and experience of providing high quality customer service
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of Scouting
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people including the ability to advise senior colleagues
- Able to work systematically and accurately with strong organisational skills
What we can offer you as our Senior Grants Officer:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
Closing date: 27th June 2021, 23:59
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies