DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for someone who wants to build a brilliant career in Service Management, while workinh with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.Duties. Work. Projects.
DWP Digital is a great place to hone your skills as a Service Manager, within a supportive community of experts. You'll get involved in all the standard service management activities, like resolving incidents, problem management, and responding to queries, and work alongside and learn from our other brilliant Service Managers.
You'll help provide a single view on service performance for key stakeholders, so we can make sure we're delivering at the right standard. And you'll provide IT business support across our products and services.
We're a massive and complex organisation so there is great variety. There are a number of new Digital services being on-boarded where your work to support support our teams will be vital.
We're looking for good analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging objectives and timescales. And especially someone who is motivated by the opportunity to use your skills and drive to make a real difference to millions of people.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- You can keep colleagues and stakeholders fully informed of plans, possibilities and progress.
- You deliver good customer service which balances quality and cost effectiveness.
- You communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. Respond constructively and objectively to comments and questions. Handle challenging conversations with confidence and sensitivity.
- You understand the operational processes of running and maintaining product or service, an understanding of DWP Benefit Paying Systems, experience of using Working Age applications would be desirable.
- Customer Services Management: Resolves user requests to a minimum of the agreed service level agreement. Able to empathise with the end user. Uses customer-focused metrics to achieve a satisfying outcome.
- An understanding of digital products and services.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £27,565 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via