Lead Product Manager: up to £78,765 per annum, circa 27% pension contribution from DWP, flexible working hours and work life balance so you can work in a way that works for youDWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to establish a product road-map that will enable the best possible outcomes on DWP's flagship transformation programme, Universal Credit.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. Our creative and disciplined DWP Digital teams are leveraging innovative technology and design to transform products and services used by 22 million people, powering payments worth £165bn a year.Universal Credit
Universal Credit is one of the highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
We deliver products, services, support and payments to people at key times in their lives.
We've recently been praised for our fast and flexible response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Universal Credit is now in use by over 5 million claimants and around 30k operational colleagues.
You'll work with our agile multidisciplinary teams using design and technology to build optimized user-centric systems. We want to inspire engage and design the best system to allow people to access the help they need, when they need it and in good time.Duties. Work. Projects.
As a Lead Product Manager, you drive our product teams to achieve the best outcomes for users and taxpayers. You'll own and shape the services we need to enable people to maintain participation in the labour market.
You'll be involved in a range of familiar programme management activities, leading a team of Product Managers, in support of the service owner and programme lead. You will provide leadership and direction to all products in your given area.
You'll recognise the role of Lead Product Manager - you might just not have done it at this scale and in this unique context.
You're an expert leader and manager as well as an expert voice in product management techniques. You understand strategy and have set-up and enabled enterprise programmes within a complex environment.What skills, knowledge and experience do you need to show us?
- Product Management - Evidence of defining and creating product and live service approaches and implementing new ways of working and is aware of what other sectors are doing.
- Lifecycle perspective - Successfully developing products in line with user needs and leading teams through the full product lifecycle.
- Communicating and influencing - Leading on the communication strategy for live products and services. Communicating with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way in order to build trust.
- Leadership - Inspiring and motivating teams to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role. Seeking out shared interests beyond own area of responsibility, understanding the extent of the impact actions have on the organisation.
- Seeing the Big Picture - Ensuring plans and activities in your area of work reflect wider strategic priorities and communicate effectively with senior leaders to influence future strategies.
In your application we want you to show what you can do by telling us what you have done. Tailor and structure your responses to evidence the skills and experience we're looking for.Details. Wages. Perks.
Your base will be in your choice of London.We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £78,765, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me.
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Award winning culture and environment
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.