Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So , we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic lawyer to join an innovative, fast-paced and market-changing fintech . Funding Circle's award-winning legal team is looking to recruit a capable and ambitious all-rounder who can make a real and positive contribution to the continued success of the business.
The role is varied; you will be exposed to a wide range of interesting work and work with every team in the business. As part of a tight-knit, friendly and experienced legal team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts including partnership agreements, marketing contracts, technology services contracts and outsourcing agreements;
- Advising the business (including our data and analytics teams) on a variety of data protection issues, including compliance with data protection laws, data security and data strategy;
- Providing pragmatic and commercially-minded legal advice to every team across our business, including HR, brand and marketing, sales, product, and operations;
- Learning and understanding the broad regulatory environment within which Funding Circle operates, and proactively advising and challenging the business on regulatory issues;
- Developing a strong risk radar by identifying, escalating and advising the business on operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks across the business;
- Taking a hands-on role in the optimisation of the legal function through the adoption of technology and identifying other areas for improvements and greater efficiency.
- You are around 1-3 years PQE with strong technical legal skills;
- You have strong experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, ideally with a focus technology licence and service contracts, and you understand data privacy legislation and have strong experience of applying it in practice;
- You have excellent communication skills that you want to develop further. You can advise stakeholders confidently and succinctly and you enjoy developing good working relationships;
- You have a 'can do' attitude demonstrated by a track record of getting things done;
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic and agile team environment because you are highly organised. You prioritise commitments, manage a varied workload and meet deadlines;
- You don't stay in your lane. You are ambitious, flexible and willing to learn new things, even if that means making a few mistakes along the way;
- You are accurate and proud of it - we are lawyers after all. You pay excellent attention to detail and take pride in your written work;
- Above all else, you are a team player. We are a close-knit team in a fast-paced business where collaboration is key. You enjoy contributing to team initiatives and your team-mates can depend on you.
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad . A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you. BIZ01