We have an opportunity for an experienced Insurance Risk Manager, where you'll be responsible for protecting Santander UK capital and reduce volatility of profits by defining, directing and embedding effective operational risk management policies and practices across all levels of Santander UK Group and its third parties.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Managing policy renewals (including assessing the appropriateness of insurance to transfer the UK risks) and related activities for Crime (Bankers Blanket Bond), Directors' & Officers' Liability and Pension Trustees 'Liability Cyber Risk
- Monitoring Bankers Professional Liability requirements and appropriateness of insurance to transfer the UK Bank's professional indemnity risks, including policy renewals and related activities.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate internal Claims Protocols (central to ensuring the insurance responds as expected)
- Recording claims, including claims reporting and internal communications.
- Providing support to HR and Pensions with provision of Income Protection and Death in Service benefits insurance, including broker liaison, policy renewals and related activities.
What else you need to know
- Expert knowledge of corporate insurance terminology and processes.
- Expert knowledge of Crime, Directors & Officers Liability, Cyber Risk and Bankers Professional Liability insurances.
- Detailed knowledge of meeting underwriting requirements and claims management.
- Working knowledge of Pensions Trustee Liability insurance.
- Ability to provide related technical advice and guidance, responding with recommended course of action.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.