Macildowie are pleased to be partenred exclusively with this forward thinking manufacturing business based in Loughborough who are looking for an experienced Finance Assistant on a permanent basis. Main Responsibilities:
Experience sought in the successful candidate:
- Purchase Ledger - to include coding and processing invoices, preparing bacs runs, raising cheques, processing payments, ensuring supplier details are accurately maintained and answering queries.
- Sales Ledger - to include processing invoices and receipts, issuing statements, providing debtor reports to colleagues on a monthly basis, ensuring client details are accurately maintained and answering queries.
- Processing tenant receipts
- Providing debtor reports to colleagues on a monthly basis
- Ensuring client/tenant details are accurately maintained and answering tenant and accountant's queries.
- Nominal Ledger - to include processing journals and producing monthly accounts reports and maintaining accurate financial records
- Producing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Online banking
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns, including partial exemption VAT.
- To support the Accounts Manager with ad-hoc tasks for the general financial management of the business.
- Ideally part qualified in AAT/qualified by experience.
- Significant experience within an accounts department and a minimum years' experience in a similar role.
- Competent in the use of computerised accounts packages (preferably bespoke software systems) and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good working knowledge of VAT and producing VAT returns.
- Methodical and organised in approaching varying workloads and able to work on your own initiative.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency with good attention to detail.
- Motivated, confident and a good team player.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.