Finance Manager. Central London, £30-£35k PA
Help Me Stop is committed to providing the most effective, affordable and accessible non-residential drug and alcohol treatment in the UK. Due to continued growth and expansion we are currently seeking an experienced, hands-on Finance Manager.Key responsibilitiesFinancial administration
Payroll and pension management
- With some support from an administrator and using Xero accounting software, manage all the day to day book keeping tasks which include, but not limited to:
- Raising and issuing all sales invoices.
- Processing and coding all purchase invoices received and staff expenses.
- Reconciliation of all bank transactions as required to ensure that Xero is always up to date and accurate.
- Reconciliation of all credit or debit card payments (online or in person) to the appropriate income streams.
- Preparing the necessary VAT reports.
- Lining up purchase invoices for payment in line with level of delegation.
- Manage the regular banking of income (cheques and cash).
- Management of company's credit control function.
- Ensuring all documentation is filed as necessary.
- Liaison with our payroll provider to ensure information is up to date and payroll is accurate.
- Allocation of monthly payroll transactions to the correct cost codes.
- Processing of annual returns.
- Liaison with our pension provider to ensure that agreed pension contributions are made.
Finance business partnering
- Produce monthly consolidated management accounts for CFO's review.
- Produce cash flow predictions and regularly monitor cash flow.
- Preparation for accountants, statutory accounts working papers and reconciliations.
- Ad hoc reporting as required by CFO.
- Monthly calculation and processing of depreciation; accruals journals; payroll journals; prepayments journals.
- Provide finance support to CFO and Heads of Department.
- Assist the CFO with the annual budget setting process, and assist the CFO with regular reforecasting throughout the year.
- Providing finance data and management accounts to all Heads of Department and reviewing variances in income and expenditure.
- Ensuring that the chart of accounts is always kept updated and relevant to the needs of the team.
- Assist the procurement team to regularly review supplies and utility bills and seek best prices, and ensure that we reduce the number of estimated bills.
- Keep up-to-date with VAT, PAYE and other relevant tax legislation.
- Prepare the annual Inland Revenue return for PAYE and other returns as required.
- Prepare quarterly and annual VAT returns (with full assessment of VAT partial exemption and business/non-business split) with input from CFO and specialist advisers as required.
- Governance and risk management
- Support the CFO to deliver company secretary responsibilities including the filing of annual returns to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Health and safety
- Ensure that records are kept for all capital purchases and an up-to-date asset register is kept.
- Investments and reserves
- To be responsible for managing bank accounts and setting up new accounts under the direction of the CFO.
- Personal development
- The post holder must also be accountable for their own development through the appraisal process seeking out opportunities to learn new skills.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Actively follow FPT's policies including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- In due course, with support of CFO, recruit and manage an accounts assistant once we have reached a certain level of growth.