Join us as a Treasury Risk Manager
What you'll do
- You'll lead the second line of defence review, challenge and oversight of the bank's treatment of financial risk and non-financial risk within the capital plan, budget process, stress testing, earnings volatility and risk appetite
- Your role will cover all aspects of operational risk, including cyber risk, compliance and conduct risk, financial crime and execution risk
- This is a great opportunity to combine complex statistical analytics with a strategic view of the bank's overall risk and control environment
As a Treasury Risk Manager, you'll be making sure that the function's activities comply with our risk appetite and risk management standards. You'll develop and deliver a suite of risk metrics, making sure that these can effectively capture the funding and liquidity risk which Treasury manages, while assessing, analysing and reporting on Treasury risk for internal and regulatory purposes.
As well as this, you'll be
The skills you'll need
- Managing the engagement with the central Risk functions to understand their requirements and strategic developments
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory environment in which we operate and helping to assess or implement the changes in our risk management framework
- Maintaining, documenting and monitoring the organisation's policies and approach for your area of risk
- Working in partnership with other members of the team to review and perform calculations and provide analysis and commentary to present to stakeholders
- Conducting risk reverse stress tests and ad hoc risk scenario sensitivities
We're looking for someone with strong and relevant financial experience, and financial or risk qualifications, such as a CFA, FIA or FRM. You'll hold a degree or masters in a numerate subject with a good understanding of financial mathematics and statistical modelling.
You should have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, strong attention to detail in preparing reports to make sure that complex issues are clearly communicated, and good people management skills. Experience of operational risk or other non-financial risks is preferred, but not essential.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Technical expertise, and the ability to analytically review the overall spectrum of risk and how this impacts banks and customers
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work independently, owning your own deliverables
- Forward thinking skills and the ability to anticipate any known issues and risks, looking at the overall horizon