The position is to Risk Manage a range of portfolios across all asset classes, reporting to the head of the team and dealing directly with the portfolio managers.
The position has arisen because one of the risk team has been promoted into portfolio management. Three key things are needed for this role:1) Good knowledge of both linear and non-linear products.2) Programming abilities.3) Communication skills.Duties
- Take ownership of the risk for a set of portfolios at the fund.
- Communicate with Portfolio Managers, offering both "Risk Advisory" as well as performing "Risk Control".
- Create bespoke risk analytics for the desk.
- Understand what drives P&L on a macro level.
- Enhance the infrastructure of the firm.
- Help junior team members with their professional development.
- Strong experience in FX Derivatives and Interest Rate Derivatives.
- Understanding of macro risk frameworks (stress tests; portfolio risks).
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative subject.
- Programming skills - Python preferred but open to R, VBA, SQL, C# and Tableau.
- A "can do" attitude.
- Excellent English-language communication abilities.
Vennbridge is an employment firm in relation to this posting. For further information, see www.vennbridge.com.