A reputable Lloyd's syndicate is seeking a Senior Reinsurance Technician to join in a newly created role for the business. Supporting the Head of Ceded Reinsurance you will be responsible for all outwards reinsurance operations at the syndicate along with a team of technicians.
My client is looking for an experienced reinsurance professional who is able to familiarise themselves with the syndicate's reinsurance programme quickly. You will also be tasked with growing the operations team and hiring appropriately experienced technicians. My client is looking to develop this individual into a Manager over the course of the next 2 years making this a truly unique opportunity to progress quickly.
The syndicate offers flexible working and is keen to speak to individuals who are returning to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximisation of the syndicate reinsurance programme
- Calculation of reinsurance recoveries across multiple business classes and reinsurance structures (XOL, Fac, QS)
- Reinsurance contract premium adjustments
- Technical support and peer review for technicians within the team
- Support the Head of Ceded Reinsurance with business planning for the reinsurance team
- Provide support to the overall reinsurance programme for the syndicate
- Production of Lloyd's reporting including SRS, RDS, Terrorism pools
- Utilise the RI system to support the recoveries process (XL Pro, Lors)
- Grow and recruit skilled team members to ensure a high level of service is upkept for the syndicate, reinsurers and brokers