Are you looking to become a graduate Learning Support Assistant before starting a teacher training course?
Has your teacher training course been put on hold due to COVID-19?
Would you like the opportunity to earn whilst you train?
If you answered yes, then we can assist and make it happen!
We are looking to hear from graduates who are keen on becoming teachers and have shown this ambition through working with children.
Teaching is a rewarding but highly challenging profession, so graduates must possess the tenacity and determination to succeed as a potential teacher.
We can introduce you to schools, and if successful can embark on placements as a graduate teaching assistant to gain the school-based knowledge and tools to be excellent teachers.
Over time, graduate teaching assistants will gradually take on more teaching responsibilities at their respective school.
The ideal graduate will have the following:
- 2:1 degree or higher (ideally from disciplines relating to education). However, all graduates will be considered.
- Ability to teach literacy + numeracy at KS3 & KS4
- Recent experience working with children (not essential)
- A good understanding of, or keen willingness to learn, current educational issues
This role will provide you with the following:
• An exceptional opportunity to get yourself on the road towards becoming an excellent education professional
• An opportunity to earn while you learn': you will receive a weekly pay rate of up to £475 (negotiable depending on experience)
• The opportunity to work in a fun, friendly and supportive team
• The chance to support students aged 11-18 in their studies: in 1:1 situations, small groups and full lessons
Our schools want to attract the brightest and best graduates from around the country. They are looking for aspiring teachers who may be interested in staying on to do schools-based teacher training with them in the future.
Why would you want to work with us at Horizon Teachers?
• We offer both PAYE and Payroll Company pay solution and we will uplift your pay rate to pay you the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks in the role.
• A team of specialist education consultants with many years of experience and including many ex-teachers.
• We will work with your existing Payroll Company upon request.
• Earn up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals.
• We are one of the highest rated agencies with 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped.
•I would highly recommend Horizon Teachers. I have been followed by Rina Bhudia, who since day 1 has been actively engaged to refer me to schools as quickly as possible. She has been incredibly prompt, responsive, zealous and committed to helping me out. Having only just finished my DBS check, Rina has already got me some daily work at a great London school and I couldn't be happier! - 5 star Google review
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.