Job Title: Finance AssistantLocation: Musselburgh Contract: Permanent, Full-timeSalary: £21,000 - 23,000 plus excellent benefits
AJ Connect is truly excited to be Partnering exclusively with Brodies 1867, part of the Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group to appoint a newly formed Finance Assistant position. Based in their high performing Finance team in Musselburgh.
Brodies, established in 1867 by three enterprising Scottish tea merchants who had a vision to change the tea and coffee industry. In 2007, Brodies became part of the Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group. Massimo Zanetti was born in Italy to a family of coffee merchants, and his mission - to produce and supply great coffee around the world. Brodies teas, coffees and hand-crafted chocolates are now sold through the group to over 40 countries.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance this a newly created role. The role will provide credit control and financial administrative support working closely with the Finance team and the rest of the UK the business.
If you're an experienced Finance Assistant with outstanding credit control ability, highly organised, a team player, with great communication skills and have an ability to use your initiative then this is the opportunity for you.Key Responsibilities will include:Credit control
- Setting up terms and Conditions of Credit
- Take control of collecting and managing debts of company debtors
- Manage and report the DSO
- Maintain a robust electronic filing and record keeping process
- Prepare all outbound post for despatch
- Collating and filing despatch notes
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented.
- Continually looking to improve processes and procedures.
Purchase Order Processing
- Secure sales ledger Month end cut off is adhered to
- Prepare intercompany Sales Invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring all invoices and purchase orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure purchase ledger Month end cut off is adhered to.
- Preparing information to support accruals and prepayments processes.
- General Finance Administration
- Maintain an electronic filing and record keeping process.
Skills and Experience
- Manage and maintain a purchase order system which will support the business requirements.
- Order finished goods supplies as requested by Warehouse.
- Order raw materials and packaging as requested by Production Manager.
- Require 3 years of working finance team experience
- Excel experience of manipulating large data sets
- Good understanding of basic understanding of accounting principles
- Highly organised with a methodical approach and with the ability to manage own workload.
- Good spoken and written communication skills, an assertive but tactful manner.
- A team player who integrates easily and communicates positively.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
For this position we receive a highly competitive package of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum plus benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone in your network who would be suitable, please contact Hamish Levein directly at AJ Connect