A Large Technology and resources organisation are currently looking for a Marketing Insights Analyst to join their organisation in a new permanent role, the locations for this role are flexible and the salary is £35,000 to £40,000.
As well as a competitive salary, you could earn a performance related bonus and you would receive our core benefits package which includes private medical healthcare, life assurance and a Group Personal Pension Plan with higher contribution levels available.
Business Intelligence Analysts support the business areas within their (Marketing) portfolio with their key information and insights needs.
This includes developing and delivering regular analysis and insights to the Marketing and marketing function and management, such as in-depth analysis to gain customer insights and utilising this to drive actions and decisions, customer (segment) performance reviews, and managing projects to deliver new reports and tools for specific purposes, such as planning/ targeting, or supporting new Marketing initiatives. UK Business Intelligence Analysts are supported by Analysts in India.What does the job entail?
Innovation and continuous improvement are in our blood - and our Business Intelligence Analysts play a key role in providing the information, insights, and processes needed to drive the company forwards.
What are we looking for?Experience and Skills
- Contribute to complex business and technology projects, collaborating with other functional and technical analysts in delivering in-depth analysis across information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change;
- Provide information, analysis, insights, and recommendations to assist senior (marketing) management and directors, with a focus on marketing campaigns;
- Provide information and insights for, and own the activities required to produce and collate the business plans and forecasts for the marketing business areas;
- Collaborate with other BI analysts (commercial, technical, ESI) to streamline the overall BI portfolio and help develop a self-serve BI solution for the functional analysts;
- Work with the marketing team to agree sensible performance metrics and KPIs.
- Capture and deliver reporting and analysis requirements for the marketing business areas to agreed timescales and quality standards, visualising performance, identifying insights and trends, and comparing with appropriate benchmark data as required;
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject;
- Highly IT/ Analytical literate. Candidates with experience of Tableau and/or Qlikview, as well as Google Analytics have a distinct advantage;
- Able to clearly and simply communicate your insights to a diverse set of stakeholders;
- Able to work confidently with colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver analytical projects on time and on budget in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated, ability to use initiative, and work largely unsupervised.
- Demonstrable ability to make sense of complex data through examples of analysis, reports, and/ or dashboards;
- Experience in writing (complex) SQL queries;
- Experience in other analytical or reporting tools, such as PowerBI, Cognos, SSRS etc.; · Experience of working in a company with a Group IT business structure.