We are looking for a talented hands-on Development Team Lead to join our Transaction Reporting team. You will be expected to lead a team of highly skilled developers and deliver complex development projects across a variety of products and technologies.
As part of the team, you will help build out our cloud-based platform and support the existing systems. We offer the opportunity to use the latest technologies like Akka, Docker, Kubernetes and EKS to deliver highly scalable and robust systems, which are responsible for meeting Macquarie Group's regulatory transaction reporting needs. You will be working with multi-talented and diverse teams in multiple geographical locations in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated individual and possess excellent communication skills to engage with stakeholders. You have a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself.
In addition to having a proven technical background and a track record in software development you must also have proven experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. Your responsibilities:
- Managing the delivery of complex development projects contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level.
- Deliver well tested technical JIRAs.
- Contribute to design and refinement sessions; interact with users to understand their needs.
- Contribute to estimation and design forums.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Work in a geographically dispersed team
- Support automated system testing, user testing, and production implementation.
- Provide L2/3 support.
- Challenge, innovate and help drive our deliveries and shape our technical direction.
- Java (11 or higher) at an expert level and the ability to mentor more junior colleagues on best practices and library adoption.
- End to end application ownership including release management.
- Postgres (11 or higher, 12 or higher preferred).
- Unit testing and TDD using Junit (4 or higher, 5 or higher preferred).
- Middleware communication (Solace, RabbitMQ, SQS or others).
- Messaging formats - XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers (or other binary format).
- Spring Boot.
Nice to have:
- Build robust long-lived cloud-native applications.
- Use their strong interpersonal skills to derive requirements from stakeholders.
- Support what we deploy in production.
- Take on board feedback and use this to adapt and grow.
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Frontend Development
- ELK Stack
- Atlassian JIRA
- Agile/Scrum working and methodologies.
- Argo CD
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.