We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Director & Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) at The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford.
This role would be ideal for a candidate with Medical Director experience or a senior Consultant Psychiatrist looking for career progression. We would be delighted to speak to you if you've previously worked for the NHS.
Huntercombe Hospital Stafford is a CAMHS unit for children and young people with illnesses such as eating disorders, and other complex mental health conditions, such as psychosis, bipolar disorder and emerging personality disorder. We are located in Wheaton Aston on the A5 just a few miles from junction 12 of the M6, 10 miles from Stafford, 12 miles from Wolverhampton and 21 miles from Telford.This role will include:
- Provide line management and professional accountability for other medical colleagues on site.
- Work closely with the Hospital Director and site SMT to ensure the service is clinically safe, well led, effective and compliant with all CQC / NHSE regulatory requirements.
- Lead on / support / advise on any serious medical incident investigations / root cause analysis investigations, safeguarding referrals, etc.
- Provide clear leadership on clinical standards for the Hospital and to take specific responsibility for specific quality measures, at the minimum: prescribing errors, compliance with the Mental Health Act / Mental Capacity Act, quality of the MDT meetings, risk assessments and risk management strategies.
Candidates will have:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to young people detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the young people on their ward.
- Review each of the young people at least weekly and that these assessments are documented.
- The post holder will be expected to take part in and supervise medically related audits and present these to the audit meeting and Clinical Governance.
- The post holder will be expected to lead the clinical team effectively, direct treatment, liaise with referrers, commissioners and all external agencies relating to the young person's care.
- To take part in a second on-call rota (telephone support only)
We can offer you:
- Full GMC registration
- The post holder must be on the specialist register and have sufficient experience in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to be confident in discharging their clinical responsibilities to the young people on their ward.
- The post holder is required to be an approved clinician under section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007).
- Maintaining CPD and revalidation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the General Medical Council.
- To be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans.
- A salary of up to £190,000 (depending on experience)
- 32 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay of 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay
- Pension with 10% Employer contribution
- Study / CPD Leave
- Indemnity Insurance paid by Huntercombe
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.