Software Engineer (Drupal)
£45,000 - £60,000
Sheffield / London, UK
Full time, permanent
Tes is the world's largest professional network for teachers. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.The Role
We are looking for a passionate Drupal Engineer to work in our growing Engineering team. The right candidate will have good experience and knowledge of PHP and Drupal.
You will be joining an evolving agile team that includes Scrum Masters, Product Managers, QA's and Software Engineers. Working alongside our Platform team and your Scrum team you will deploy your code to all environments and release it to our customers.Key Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Champion Software Development throughout Tes! You will drive our software engineering standards across our products through technology, process, education, knowledge sharing and innovation!
- Actively participate in our daily Scrum stand-ups, planning sessions, product review and retrospective meetings. You will engage in discussions around the acceptance criteria to deliver agreed functionality fit for release throughout each sprint cycle.
- Work alongside other Engineers and Heads of Product Development to contribute to Tes' Architecture and Engineering culture.
- Work within a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) approach to ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose.
- Bringing in innovative ideas on technology and process to improve the product and delivery.
- Experience developing in Drupal 8 / 9, PHP and writing tests in PHPUnit.
- Experience of working within a team following Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum).
- Experience with working within an microservice architecture is advantageous using Lando / Docker for local development.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to translate concepts into easily understood diagrams and visuals for both technical and non-technical people alike.
- Happy to contribute and share knowledge amongst their own team and Tes Engineering via knowledge sharing meetings.
- Well acquainted with CI/CD best practices will be advantageous.
- Fast learner and the ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- You do not have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed, you will be assessed on your willingness to learn and to collaborate with others.
Who are Tes?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free Westfield Health cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, Tes have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe.
We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers.
The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.Tes Group are an equal opportunities employer