Head of ApplicationsLocation:
GDS Group is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital, transformative business environment. Our outstanding B2B Digital Summits, Round Tables and Virtual Showcase events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges.
By researching, creating, and delivering insight-led content, every event strengthens our reputation and demonstrates our position of expertise in the industries and verticals in which we operate.A bit about us:
Role Purpose and Background:
- We currently work with the C-Suite in some of the world's most well-known brands such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Nike, Gucci, Amazon and many more
- We have office locations and broadcast studios in Bristol, Miami and New York, with more expansion plans afoot!
- We're on target to grow by 70% in 2021 and grew parts of our business by over 200% in 2020
- We have a world class training and development team ready to help you improve your skills and achieve your goals
- Whether you want to work with the latest tech or just be part of a talented, ambitious and fun team, we believe we have a fantastic opportunity to help you take the next step in your career.
The Head of Applications is a key role in our Information Technology team. The role is responsible for managing our line of business applications such as Salesforce, Monday.com and NetSuite to name a few.
We need someone who can ensure the business is getting the best out of our SaaS applications and to develop a more cohesive ecosystem of platform and services. You will have responsibility and accountability for the definition and development of the application roadmaps, including liaising with key stakeholders on needs, driving the overarching technology strategy and architectural viewpoints, delivering platform enhancements including software integrations, driving innovation and ensuring a well-defined product backlog is developed and maintained. The role will also be responsible for any partner and vendor relationships to ensure we are optimising the value from our investments.
Whilst the role is based in Bristol the role will cover stakeholder needs across our global offices including Bristol, Miami, New York and Kosovo.
Reporting to the Global IT Director, you will understand how to drive benefit from technology, have a product-oriented mindset, an excellent grasp on software architecture and have a good grounding and expertise in Salesforce.What you'll be doing:
- End to end responsibility of the application estate across the GDS Group comprised of circa 15 cloud-based applications.
- Definition and execution of the technology and product roadmaps.
- Manage application changes and enhancements to improve overall functionality and to optimise value back to the business.
- Ensure that regular BAU tasks are completed by the team and in line with SLAs.
- Ensure that all team objectives are clear and adhered to.
- Ensure that the transition from projects to live is as smooth as possible, identifying issues and resolving where necessary.
- Provide architectural oversight for any proposed changes to systems and to highlight any potential risks.
- Take financial responsibility, management of the application estate and delivery of projects in in budget.
- Assist in the resolution of high severity/high priority projects and stakeholder issues.
- Provide forecast planning to ensure that the team is sufficiently resourced at all times to meet demand.
- Collaborate in the review of specifications and designs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement with a focus on innovation.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Identify and improve compliance with codified processes where necessary.
- 7+ years working in a similar role or hands on solution architect or product manager in a technology lead business.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Must be able to liaise effectively with key stakeholders and manage third party suppliers and partners.
- Excellent communication skills with all level of employees including senior management.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving/resolution skills
- Excellent knowledge across all aspects of technology (including infrastructure, software, cloud, mobile etc.)
- Strong experience working in a leadership role coupled with the ability to lead organisational change
- Ability to provide detailed reports and deliver meetings/presentations
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand concerns, issues and agendas
- Salesforce experience would be desirable
This is brilliant opportunity to join a market leading Digital Events business with massive growth plans and help to shape the global tech vision from the ground up, so if you are interested please send your CV for immediate consideration.