Working as part of a Global Technical Team you will be part of an international team with members in UK, US, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Chile and India. The core of this role daily supervision and analysis of the performance of the solar plants, daily monitoring, incident tracking and resolution, performance analysis and issue investigation, and robust reporting. This is a critical role in terms of ensuring performance is optimised across clients' portfolios by maximizing uptime. Strong management of service providers and other partners is also crucial. (e.g. O&M, DNOs, clients, etc.),
Overseeing a portfolio of clients/projects from onboarding and through to business as usual, the Technical Analyst will ensure that they have all the necessary data, technical documentation and information to manage their caseload of solar PV plants effectively in line with WiseEnergy's consistent, industry-leading standards.
The position will require some occasional European travel to visit the sites under management to perform assets quality checks and to supervise service providers.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be a confident, skilled individual, who is motivated to exceed expectations in delivering the day to day objectives You will have a can-do attitude, be solution focused and a 'Completer/Finisher' i.e. you must be able to take ownership of a task and see it through until successful completion. In addition, you will be passionate, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done, with a systematic, highly organised approach to the working environment.
The ideal candidate will:
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have 1 to 5 years of experience managing renewable assets, preferably solar and in the European market.
- Have visited and technically audited solar farms.
- Be an Electrical/Mechanical/Energy Engineer with relevant professional experience.
- Be able to read relevant documentation such as As-Built Drawings, Commissioning documentation, PPAs, Connection Agreements.
- Liaise with EPCs to complete a check list of documents required by the authorities.
- Review and challenge EPCs and TAs calculations related to FAC.
- Liaise with the TA for the generation of the PAC punch list and pursuing all open points with the EPC until final resolution.
- Negotiation skills needed for negotiations with EPCs and O&Ms for punch list resolution.
- Have knowledge of SCADA systems, IT and telecommunications as deployed across the solar sector.
- Have knowledge of Solar PV or other renewables operations.
- Have experience in the production of client reports.
- To identify issues causing underperformance and to lead on the production of investigative analytical reports to identify the root cause and suggested mitigation.
- Develop and enhance relations with EPC and O&M providers.
- Knowledge of programming languages will be beneficial.
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is essential as its a good level of English (Verbal and written)
- Have the legal right to work in Portugal or Spain for the length of this assignment.
- Have a valid driving license.
• Competitive base salary and eligibility for a discretionary annual bonus
• Flexible working practices (at present, our entire workforce is home-based).
• Up to 30 business days' holiday
• Opportunity to work with and learn from other talented professionals who want to have a positive impact on the worldHOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the link below. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.ABOUT US
WiseEnergy is a trusted and established solar asset manager, offering all the services clients require to manage and optimise large-scale solar plants, from development and construction through to long-term operational asset management. Since its founding in 2008, WiseEnergy has provided expert asset management services to over 1,500 solar plants (500+ ground mounted assets and 1,000+ rooftops), with an installed capacity of more than 2GW.
We have over EUR4billion of assets under management across four continents, overseen by our team of over 120 professionals, with specialisms in technical, finance, commercial operations and project management. Our workplace is fast paced and international. We nurture a culture that balances hard work, diligence and professionalism with support, consideration and respect for the individual. Our employees are primarily based in London, Milan, Hyderabad and on the east coast of the USA. Our people come from a variety of academic backgrounds and are united by the desire to use their knowledge and skills to advance the renewables industry and thus make a positive contribution to the world. WiseEnergy is part of the NEC Group