Senior IT Manager / Application Development Manager sought by a leading Financial Services business in the Brighton area to lead a team of nine as part of a major Transformation Programme.
Our client is a small-to-medium-sized Investment business top-ranked nationally in numerous financial products. They are midway through a major multi-year business transformation and this hire will play a leading role in ensuring the delivery of best-in-class business solutions and software.
You will line manage a team of nine (five direct reports) overseeing the full software development lifecycle along with other IT staff on a matrix basis. The role has recently been upgraded to report into the Head of Design and Change given the firm's focus on Business Transformation. It is a largely hands-off role requiring lots of stakeholder and relationship management with other teams. The application landscape is primarily Microsoft-based, therefore .NET exposure would be ideal, although Mulesoft is another key technology. Experience in managing an IT support function would also be valuable given the fast-paced nature of the team.
· Excellent communication skills to enable influence and management of stakeholders.
· Proven capability with engaging and influencing leadership within an organisation, using own extensive knowledge and experience.
· Experience of managing significant IT development functions in a dynamic financial services environment.
· Proven team management skills, including motivation and development support.
· Budget management skills.
· Strong technical background with experience of the entire SDLC.
· Experienced in working within an Agile framework. Experience of CI/CD and DevOps preferred.
· Proactive with effective organisational skills.
· Critical thinking and business acumen with the ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to prepare and present documentation to senior business stakeholders (including non-IT stakeholders).
This is an excellent, high-impact opportunity to take leadership of all core systems application delivery for a small-to-medium-sized Financial Services firm. The business is currently 100% remote but is due to move to a hybrid working model from September, with the expectation of working onsite in Central Brighton 2-3 days per week.
Please apply or contact Nick@DaVarsi.com for more information and a full job description.