Finance ManagerDesign Agency Salary Circa, £50,000 - £55,000
Role reports to the MD & BoardOVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The role of Finance Manager is a pivotal one with a need to build strong relationships both internally and externally.The key objectives of the role are:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESManagement Accounting and Insight:
- To contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing best practice advice on the financial management of the business.
- To build a finance function in terms of people, processes and technology that supports business growth.
- To provide financial insight ensuring that senior management have the information that they need in order to perform their roles. This will include a systems' review and is likely to result in the implementation of a new project accounting and management information software. You will be expected to take the lead role in this project.
- Provide insight into project performance so as to ensure that projects remain within budget, provide early warning when over-run is starting to occur and to calculate accrued and deferred income on a monthly basis.
- Provide timely insight into the financial performance of the company along with recommendations of required actions.
- Working closely with the Directors on expected monthly billing
- Manage constant rolling 3 month cashflow forecast
- Provision of monthly management pack for presentation and discussion at Board meeting.
- Develop and control the company's annual operating budget to ensure that financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with
- Play an active role developing financial skills and awareness within the business at all levels.
- Effectively manage and develop members of the finance team (currently 1 finance assistant) including undertaking regular performance reviews.
- Support, advise and guide the Board in a transparent and clear manner.
- Support the Directors with new business proposal budgeting
- Help Directors with negotiation of new fees with new and existing clients
- Track new business proposals
- Create and maintain relationships with finance teams from clients and suppliers
- Monitor external contracts and services provided to clients and by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time
- Any other activities which may be necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the business
- Has worked as Finance Manager working within a Design Agency or in Media, Creative or Professional Services fields (with good understanding of project management, time-based fees and accrued & deferred income)
- Experience of implementing finance / project accounting software
- Experience of building finance capability within a business
- Fully qualified (either ACA, ACCA or CIMA) preferred; candidates Qualified By Experience will be considered
- Understanding of ways to enhance a company's performance
- Knowledge of industry trends
- Leadership and mentoring
- Relationship building
- Team management
Due to the high number of anticipated applicants we will only contact those who have successfully applied with relevant sector experience and qualifications