Cambridge/remote options - Permanent
We're working with an industry heavyweight to find a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, who can build the next generation state-of-the-art search relevance ML. Ideal candidates should have strong expertise and industry experience in one or more of these areas: search ranking ML, auto-complete models, personalized embedding-based retrieval, query understanding, recommendation systems.
What you'll be doing
- You will productionalize Search relevance ML models end-to-end starting from data pipelines, model building, model serving, running A/B, and making data-driven optimizations to the models.
- You will be a key stakeholder in defining relevance roadmap improvements
- You will research and prototype state-of-the-art models, A/B test, and launch search relevance improvements in production by making data-driven decisions.
Ideally, you'll have
- 5+ years of experience applying Machine Learning to concrete problems,at large-scale.
- Expertise in machine learning fundamentals, applicable to search - Learning to Rank, Deep
- Expertise in Engineering and CS fundamentals. Should be able to write an algorithm with ease.
- Proven work on large-scale search/information retrieval relevance systems.
- Familiar and comfortable with cloud deployments (AWS preferred)
- Learning, Tree-Based Models, understanding of NLP approaches like W2V or Bert.
- Should be able to identify the right KPIs and objective functions.
- MS/Ph.D. Computer Science or related (AI/ML preferred)