We are a team of highly experienced software engineers and hands-on coaches who move fast to solve our clients needs providing bespoke consultancy, training and pairing to upskill teams and deliver effective change.
Our aim is to identify the gaps in the client's engineering capability and then work to transfer our skills, knowledge and experience to their organisation providing repeatable patterns and behaviours to create sustainable change and build a culture of continuous improvement.
Armakuni is a test first and agile environment, with a keen focus on the quality of the software that we develop, and how we can support our Engineers to continue their learning and career journey. About the role:
Our Software Engineers
deliver cutting edge solutions which allow organisations to leverage technology and fully optimise their cloud journeys.
You share our belief in development best practice, and will be given the opportunity to further hone and develop these skills in a practical manner. We are advocates of crafting clean, well-written code using XP practices as part of a model that leans on concepts such as microservice architecture. When combined with a CI/CD culture that includes automated deployment, we work in a way that enables organisations to build, deploy and run the highest quality software, faster, with more confidence and less risk.
- Your primary responsibility will be working alongside Armakuni colleagues and client engineering teams to deliver code-based solutions to a range of challenges, such as web-based applications, infrastructure-as-code and microservice architectures.
- Training and knowledge sharing with client Engineering and Development teams. You are evangelistic about development best practices, and enthused by the concept of transferring this to new teams as they enhance their capabilities further
- Mentoring client engineering teams in the adoption of new tools, technologies, techniques, patterns and processes, ultimately helping leverage a range of tools and methodologies
- Representing Armakuni and communicating our vision to client engineering teams, technical management and executives when required
With a background in software engineering and delivery, you are passionate about development best practices. You are keen to join an organisation who share these beliefs and will enable you to develop them further whilst delivering interesting solutions to challenging problems.
From a technical perspective we find those who enjoy a successful career as a Software Engineer with Armakuni typically have:
- A proven track record of software/application development - Ruby, Golang or Java are often good areas to have focussed on, but we're open to other languages too
- Knowledge of various cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Exposure to automated deployment and CI/CD tools
You are also likely to have:
What you'll get in return:
- A passion for development best practice
- A keen eye for code-quality
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- A passion for growing and developing both technically and personally by tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- This role offers a highly competitive salary, commensurate with the skills that you bring to the role
- In addition to working with a highly motivated team of dedicated co-workers who are passionate about technology, you'll also receive some great benefits, including 25 days holiday, life insurance, Bupa, a Wellness allowance and pension
- We offer remote working, so we also give you an allowance to set your home office up just the way you like it ( and a Mac to go with it)
- Your ongoing development is really important to us, so you'll also receive a £2000 annual training allowance and regular opportunities to pair and develop with the team
- And we have some great company and team events that will really help to engage with your colleagues, and to grow with a visionary company
Armakuni is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.