Who We Are
Say hello to Doctor Care Anywhere the digital platform that puts your health in your hands.
No more queuing outside GP practices. No more stressing over appointments. We help over 2 million people speak to a GP by video or phone, whenever or wherever they need to.
We're a team of doctors, designers, data analysts, software developers, managers, marketers, and more - all working together to transform patient experiences for the better. And as we grow, we need the best kind of people making that happen.
Sounds like something you'd like to be a part of? We have ambitious goals and need ambitious people to reach them. If you're talented, hard-working and ready to dream big - while having some fun - we'd like to hear from you!Your new role
We at DCA care about patients and we know we cannot do that without also caring about our technology choices. We are an open group that love to hear new opinions on our way of thinking. We are always asking if what we are doing is the best we can do and welcome everyone to challenge ideas and get involved at all stages of the R&D cycle, from the code and the architecture of the system to the infrastructure that it runs on.
You will be joining one of our squads and tribes to work with a focused group on a section of the business - having full ownership of that space and how to best achieve the goals the business has. But further, as a senior, you will also get involved with guiding other members of the team. Mentoring and helping them not just how to fix a bug or solve a problem, but how to do it in the best, most flexible and extensible way.RequirementsThe key tasks in your new and exciting role with us
Hopefully a description of you and your experience!
- Deliver well written, code to modern code standards.
- Adapt, improve, upgrade existing legacy code to modern standards.
- Take ownership of problems and communicate with the rest of the team.
- Take part in the peer review and discussions of other team members code and ideas - we are better together.
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements.
- Support internal SRE (Service Reliability Engineering) team in developing our approach to infrastructure, leveraging modern service architectural approaches and code best practices.
- Support the customer service team with any live issues.
- Line manage and mentor team members.
- Work as part of a squad alongside your team members from multiple fields to build features and improve the technical landscape of the product.
BenefitsWhy you want to work here
- Advanced C# and .Net skills
- Focused on the quality of the code (DRY, SOLID, and more)
- A good understanding of modern service architecture approaches (microservices, FaaS, Streams, etc)
- A test focused approach
- Interest in, and experience with, other languages and technologies outside the Microsoft stack
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and tools in that space (Azure DevOps, Team City, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with Git
- A willingness to get involved with all areas of the R&D cycle
- Experience with a variety of database technologies and designing models
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with the Cloud (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Eager to learn and share those skills with the rest of the team
- Fastidious and exacting when it comes to matters of security
We understand the importance of good health and happiness for our patients and our employees. You can expect to be supported and valued as a member of out team and have the freedom to make the most of your role and careers with us! As part of that, as an employee you will have access toBenefits
Other plus's when at DCA!
- Free Private Medical Insurance
- Doctor Care Anywhere subscription for you and 5 members of your friends or family
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave
- Bike2Work scheme
- 4 x charity 'Care in the Community' days per year
- Flexible working environment - It's important that you work wherever works for you. The office is a collaborative space where you will be needed for your input occasionally, but will have a mix of working in the office and working from home.
- Progressive environment with a focus on wellbeing
- An environment where the 'sky is the limit' offering career opportunities and development
- Open, transparent and dynamic environment, trusted to work independently but with a great team around you
- Virtual Fitness classes three times a week