GRIDSERVE® is an international sustainable energy business headquartered in the UK. We develop, construct, own and operate premium solutions for critical energy applications. GRIDSERVE is breaking boundaries to achieve its ambitions to deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
GRIDSERVE has delivered the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects ever built in the UK and installed more solar capacity in 2019 than any other business in the UK. GRIDSERVE is making electric vehicle charging as convenient as petrol refueling, with a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts® that provide drivers with the confidence to go electric. These are just some of the ways we are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
A newly created role overseeing our portfolio of construction and operating projects across the UK as part of our roll out of the fastest vehicle charging network in the country. The Project Accountant will be a key member of the finance team with a focus on our business growth. You will be responsible for the daily financial monitoring and regular reporting of under-construction and live projects; including weekly flash and month-end reporting plus statutory reporting of balance sheet, income statement and cashflow.
You will be a key point of contact between the finance department and the project teams, monitoring performance against budget and reforecast on a regular basis and preparing value-add variance analysis.
This is an exciting role within an energetic and friendly team where you will get the opportunity to drive innovation and process improvement throughout everything you are involved in. The Role:
- Full day-to-day financial responsibility for assigned projects
- Oversight, review and posting of all project transactions
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reports, versus budgets and rolling reforecasts
- Monthly review meetings with key stakeholders to review and challenge variance analysis
- Liaise with advisors and external auditors when required
- Close liaison with project team members
- Drive the implementation and monitoring of project KPIs and budgets
- Seek improvements to the financial reporting system and processes
- Coordinate and prepare finance material for Board meetings
- Be an engaging and trusted member of the finance team
Preferred (but not essential):
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience
- Experience within the renewables industry
Company Culture & Values:
- Qualified, or part-qualified accountant with good PQ experience (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience of handling infrastructure projects
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrable understanding of how construction projects are accounted for
- Adaptable and flexible to work in a fast-evolving growth environment
- Great communication skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Enjoy working with an amazing team
- Ability to look at problems and suggest solutions
- Attention to detail
- Believe in the company mission to move the needle on climate change
We get excited about jumping out of bed to fulfill our purpose to #deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
Our culture is welcoming, supportive, high-energy and productive. We have high expectations for all our GRIDSERVERS. If you approach life with a positively charged, solutions focussed attitude and you take pride in being exceptional at your job, then you will fit right in. In return, we promise you that our unique company culture will constantly surprise and delight you - we will never be finished in making GRIDSERVE the best place to work.Interested in hearing more:
If you want to join a progressive, fast-paced company with strong values then we would love to hear from you.