To pro-actively handle claims from a variety of insurers in a manner that supports efficient and effective settlement for the policy holder.
To add value to the customer journey by providing sound technical advice and keeping the policy holder informed at key stages.Job Scope
- Accurately and promptly accept and process new instructions as far as competently possible.
- Case ownership to deal with claim from beginning to end, referring upwards in accordance with licensing levels.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Customer focused
- Provide quality service to both internal and external customers
- Work with colleagues throughout the business
- Respond to daily workloads as dictated by customer requirements
- Make sure KPI's and SLA's are met
- Handle and co-ordinate complaints and compliments
- Achievement of targets
- Competent use of technology
- Insurance claims handling experience an advantage
- Excellent customer service, organisational & communication skills
- IT skills
- Ideally possess Insurance qualification but essential to show
- Accurately input data
- Manage client instructions through the development of high quality interpersonal skills and create good client relationships built around trust, respect and speedy resolution of assignments. Appointment making, diary management
- Dealing with telephone queries, day to day within agreed service criteria.
- Seek new opportunities to "sell" to existing and new clients.
- Processing invoices, both interim and finals, referring where necessary.
- Reviewing cases in a proactive manner and taking action to move claim forward, referring where necessary.
- Dealing with and liaising with insurers and policy holders as appropriate.
- Ensure work is prioritised effectively.
- Contribute to the productivity targets through the effective planning and allocation of new and existing instructions.
- Formulate, allocate (and/or participate in) projects as and when required and ensure they occur within timescales and company/client requirements.
- Actively share knowledge with peers to develop oneself and others and to act as a role model in appropriate situations (e.g. new starters).
- Actively seek to develop oneself through a positive attitude and through the achievement of professional qualities
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and/or awareness of FCA procedures and the TCF initiative
- Actively seek to develop oneself and take responsibility for your own training and development
- Delivers cost efficiency in all activities.
- Builds trust and respect by keeping to the commitments made.
- Can convey a message across in one to one situations in a way which is understood.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams.
- Seeks feedback and invests time in their own self development both technically and behaviourally.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently