What makes us Epic?
- London, United Kingdom
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Cologne, Germany
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Berlin, Germany
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Helsinki, Finland
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development. QA at EpicWhat we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given Unreal Engine feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers. As such, you will be at the center of engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!What you'll doIn this role, you will
What we're looking for
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing engine features / releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover low-level engine features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Manage automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across low-level engine feature sets to analyze quality
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
Nice to have skills
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast- paced environment
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Experience in functional and usability testing
- Experience with cross-platform testing
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- Prior experience with running and designing automated tests
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent. Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.