We are in the market for a driven, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Finance Assistant to support our growth in London and beyond! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their finance career. Please ensure that you attach a cover letter as the first page of your CV upload in order to apply. About fettle
We're here to 'reinvent repair' and put the service back into bike servicing, for all types of rider.
Part of the JustPark family, we designed the business around the rider by making bike repair easy, accessible, simple, convenient and hassle-free. Only 18 months old, we're the UK's most progressive and fastest growing repair network for micro mobility. We have big plans and are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities without harming the environment.
We are on a mission to repurpose under-used spaces (buildings, shops and car parks) and offer a convenient place for all forms of bicycles to get serviced and fixed. With fewer places than ever for servicing and a growing number of riders taking to the roads, we see a bright future ahead.
Faff-free bike repair is about:
- Simplicity - customers can book via the app or online. Our app links to Strava to help remind customers when their bike is due a service
- Convenience - customers can have their bike collected or they can drop it at one of our many workshops
- Reassurance - customers approve their quote before any work is started.
- Expertise - customers can talk to the expert mechanic working on their bike via 'live chat'
So, if you have what it takes to help us deliver extraordinary service, zero faff, then read on..About The Role
The Finance Assistant is a new role that we have opened at Fettle, and one that is crucial in the effective running of our company finances. Responsible for all day-to-day accounting, you will work closely with our Finance Manager to help us better understand the inner workings of Fettle, leading to better business decisions. You can expect to be the guardian of our company P&L, and to look after bank reconciliations.Six months down the line, success in this role will mean...
That you will have built up a detailed understanding of how we operate, including the specialities of each of our different workshops. You will have a real grasp on our accounting processes, and will be supporting the business with accurate reporting. This role is not for you if...
You define yourself solely as a numbers person. We are a dynamic, inquisitive and outgoing business, and we need our new Finance Assistant to match that. You will be keen to meet people across our workshops, and will want to understand how your role has an impact on the customer journey later on down the line. Experience
- An understanding of accounting principles and ideally some working experience within finance
- To have worked with an accounting system (experience with Xero would be a real bonus)
- Working towards or have aspirations to qualify as an accountant
- An Excel champion
- Someone who loves a challenge and getting stuck in
- An attention to detail and an ability to pick up on themes and clues
- Able to work independently, but an awareness of when to ask for help
- A pragmatic individual who is commercially-minded
- An outgoing nature, with a willingness to get to know the business through our people, as well as through our numbers
- A love for cycling
At Fettle you will get:
- A genuine opportunity for rapid professional growth and professional freedom
- A salary that is competitive
- Stock Options - we want you to be feel like an owner of the company
- A fun, collaborative and flexible working environment in a values-driven company
- Team discount on bike servicing, repairs and parts!
We have created an interview process that is quick and easy, helping us to get to know you and visa versa. Once you've applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. Next, we will ask you to carry out a quick task to get to know your approach to problem solving, before arranging a final stage interview with our Finance Manager.To Apply
If the role and company we've described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV, and a cover letter that answers the following questions.
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you most about Fettle?