Risk & Control ManagerAre you a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA?Have a track record of Operational Risk within commercial industry, with strong internal controls?Experience of dealing with the Audit Committee?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global brand
on the search for a Risk & Control Manager
. This is a permanent role based in London
As the Risk & Control Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring the creation and implementation of a governance and risk platform that is best in class and aligned with the over-arching company vision. The role will also be responsible for managing the Group Insurance profile, taking ownership, with the support of the brokers, of the group policies structure in accordance with the Board's risk appetite.
- To manage the Group Insurance profile taking ownership, with the support of the brokers, of the group policies structure in accordance with the Board's risk appetite
- Working with Group IA to develop the audit plan, agreeing on audit scoping and co-ordination with process owners to ensure that audit management actions are implemented
- To play a key role in facilitating the Governance and Risk Executive sub-committee, define and implement work plan and inbound reporting from the broader business that drives accountability and action
- Establishing consolidated Executive Committee and board reporting and associated governance processes
- Co-ordination of operational risk management process with Business Unit risk champions, including monitoring and reporting of progress on mitigation action plans and maintenance of risk registers
- On-going assessment of the risk and control environment through review of existing operational and financial controls and benchmarking with best practices
- Raising awareness of the importance of controls and embedding controls capability and ownership within the business
- Establishing a governance process to ensure clear accountability for compliance to statutory and internal standards.
- Conducting periodic control evaluations and reporting on progress of remediation actions.
- Initiate and facilitate improvement initiatives and workshops
What we are looking for:
- A qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, candidates who are part or non-qualified will not be considered
- Strong financial, technical, and applicable internal audit and risk background with at least 3+ year PQE, preferably with industry experience
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication skills
- Technically and operationally proficient
- Extensive operational as well as financial controls experience (if coming from internal audit background)
- Experience of managing and embedding a business-wide risk management and governance programme
- Experience of working with Insurance Brokers
- Experience in identifying, monitoring, and reviewing a full range of operational business risks (not purely financial)
- Experience in arranging and maintaining insurance protection of the Group's assets and liabilities
- A proven track record of understanding operational risks and supporting stakeholders in identifying and implementing practical mitigation solutions
- Ability to see "big picture" and prioritise deliverables accordingly
- Good knowledge of best practise control frameworks and internal controls
- Action-orientated: establishes processes and makes recommendations that lead to action that makes a difference to the business.
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Excellent at influencing, at all levels of the organisation
- Robust, confident, resilient, with an ability to challenge existing practices at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Self-motivated and take full ownership of the role
- Team Player
Salary on offer is up to £65k + car allowance + benefits
Please contact Nichola Saul today for further information